Translate

Friday, June 21, 2013

Park Avenue Princess

Sleek.  Sophisticated. Refined. These are descriptive terms I would attribute to one of my favorite cities.  Manhattan, aptly nicknamed the city that never sleeps, makes me think of just that; it's a lifestyle. For this theme I prefer darker tones indicative of the business-oriented city itself. In order for the look not to become too dour, I would veer clear of too much black; combine with color instead to offset. I like the idea of using a contrasting color like white or colors in the black family, but muted. Think greys and slates.

For the park avenue princess, the invitations are opulent yet classic, extravagant without being Frou-Frou. 

Dochelle Custom Invitations

By Just Embossed. Available on Etsy


Vera Wang

Exploding box invitation by London Stripes

Invitation available on Bidorbuy



For the bouquet, I love clean lines. You can't miss with the white Calla Lily. 



WeddBook


 Flower-Arrangement-Advisor.com

Another option I find fantastic is via the Pacific Weddings website, where bouquets are created based upon top couture dresses.  


This theme should include looks that transfer with ease from dawn until dusk.  After all, it is Manhattan!  For this bridesmaid, I think of menswear fabrics such as tweed and a crisp, structured silhouette. 

If a structured silhouette is what you love, you can't go wrong with Victoria Beckham. 

Tweed sheath, Ann Taylor

Milly Bridal



Modcloth



For a refined wedding favor, I truly love the idea of small boxes with dainty ribbons.  This option, with Godiva chocolates, is available on amazon.  


These are just perfect. From Favors and Flowers in Soho New York. 


The cake for the Park Avenue Princess should reflect the sophistication that is New York, but if this bride is a little more whimsical, I love the idea of the shopping bag or box cake. 

Adorable. By Pink Cake Box


This creation by Planetcake emulates shopping boxes and is gorgeous.



For the traditional cake, I love these options. 




Gorgeous. Claire Kemp Cakes




This last cake, by Ron-Ben Israael Cakes in where else, Manhattan, is my idea of a New York bride personified. 



Of course, you cannot have a Park Avenue gala without couture!  There are, however, other beautiful options as well. If you opt not for couture, I prefer the streamlined silhouette.  Column dresses and modified sheaths exemplify this theme.  Here are a few suggestions. 

Sheath dress, Raining Blossoms.                             
       

Lara Hannah dress.





Incredible. Pronovias Icaro

Christian Siriano. Nordstrom

Designer gowns

You cannot discuss designer gowns and not mention the reigning queen of the genre, Vera Wang. These two looks are just fabulous. 




      Carolina Herrera.                             Alberta Ferreti.                
               


Anna Cerruti

J. Mendel Paris                                                                              



Badgley Mischka

Giorgio Armani Privé

This isn't a bridal gown, but how absolutely fantastic would it be for a fall wedding?  Valentino. 


If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.  

See more wedding ideas including gowns and tablescape ideas by following me on Pinterest!!


You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison a lifestyle blog hub and 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤


The ideas expressed here are the sole copyrighted intellectual property of Frugalfabfashionista.  Do not copy.








No comments:

Post a Comment