Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013

Beachy Wedding Chic

The idea of a beach wedding always makes me smile.  As a teen, I watched surf competitions religiously because of my huge crush on professional surfer Kelly Slater.  I love the beach; the feel of sand between my toes, the blue skies, the sun on my skin.

For me, a beach wedding is all about ease, low-key, and boho-chic. When choosing a color palette, I'd choose colors indicative of the beach itself. Think soft muted beiges,




Sweet creams, 





and coastal sky blues. 





For invitations, I would veer away from nautical prep, and instead choose invitations with natural elements. Think starfish, sand, pukka shells. Here are a few ideas. 

These invitations from Hanahou Productions are just superb. 












I also love this idea from A Beach Wedding 



For a beach wedding bouquet, I truly love white.  Incorporate tropical flowers with small amounts of color. 









I'd use a bit more color such as muted green or soft, pale yellow for the bridesmaids' bouquets. 




When choosing a cake, simplicity is a must! Here are a few ideas. 

I love edible flowers. Incorporating them into your cake pairs so well with the naturalness of a beach wedding. This cake by Edith Hall is simply fantastic. 



This cake is wonderful; it accomplishes the use of faux shells and sand, but does so without being cheesy. 




Sweet, elegant.  By Classic Cakes of Jacksonville Beach, FL. 



For the china, you may choose a natural-looking theme such as the Vuelta Jars collection available in both blue or white from Bloomingdales. 





If you prefer something more refined, may I suggest the Bernardaud Dune Blue collection also available at Bloomingdales.



Party favors for the beach wedding should err on the side of the whimsical, and again, incorporate natural elements. 

I love this simple idea.


 
Idea from Tradisiwedding.



The bridesmaid at the beach should wear a dress with the same natural tones, and made of fabrics indicative of the fluidity of water.  Think lightweight, breezy fabrics such as chiffons, silks, charmeuse. I prefer this bridesmaid wear a short dress rather than long.


The next two gowns available at lyst.com, are sheer perfection. 




Donna Morgan dress via lyst



Dress via Aliexpress 






Here are a few options in blue. 


Céline Via Bluefly


Everpretty via Aliexpress.










For the flower girl, I'd choose same type of fabric and hue.  Soft. Sweet.

How delicate is this dress available from DHgate?



I also like this adorable frock from Little Miss Princess



Again, I've saved the best for last. Choosing the wedding gown.  For me the bride at the beach is about a laid-back sensibility. I'd choose a dress made of unstructured fabric. Think cool cottons, lightwight linen, soft, supple jersey. For this beautiful bride, I really love the elegant simplicity of the maxi dress. 

Helmut Lang available at lyst.com



BCBG



Banana Republic


 
Diane Von Furstenberg 






Elliot Claire dress available via marketplace.asos.com



For any bride, choosing the shoes for her special day is almost important as choosing the gown. For the beach bride, I suggest footless sandals embellished with pretty pearls. 


The following three looks available via Etsy are sure to please. 












Jewelsbymichele





Inspiration Board






If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.  

See more wedding ideas including gowns and tablescape ideas by following me on Pinterest!!


You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison a lifestyle blog hub and 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤


The ideas expressed here are the sole copyrighted intellectual property of Frugalfabfashionista.  Do not copy.






No comments:

Post a Comment