Translate

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Garden Wedding

Aaaah, Spring. That beautiful time of year when the flowers bloom. The birds chirp. The bees are all abuzz.  The time of year when Mother Earth rises from the frigidity of winter like the Phoenix in a state of rebirth. Spring is a wonderful time for wedding plans!!!  Spring makes me think of the prettiest of color palettes; the muted tones, the sweet hues. Indicative of the season itself, Spring to me is synonymous with the garden wedding.

Springtime evokes infinite inspiration in me, and when choosing a color palette, pretty pastels are best. Think soft pinks, minty greens, baby blues, girly lavender, pale yellows.  










For invitations to a garden wedding, here are a few sweet ideas

Opulence Pastels Via Made With Love Designs




By Fromleoniwithlove available at Etsy



When choosing your bouquet, play up the prettiness and femininity of spring. 

Gorgeous. From Lulu's Event Design







The bridesmaid dresses should also emulate the beauty of a garden. Think tea-length dresses, delicate colors, flowing organza. 

Marchesa via shopbop



Leanimal dress via Etsy



Valentino silk ruffle dress



Mixed bridesmaid dresses by Ateliersignature on Etsy



Here are my picks for a darling flower girl. 

Ivory tulle dress from Aniia 



Silk organza and taffeta from Type Dress




From DHgate, available in different colors. 



This theme is likely one of my favorites, so I would like to suggest my picks for the mom-in-law to be!

Ralph Lauren. At lyst.com



These next two looks are both available at lyst.com

Ted Baker



Jill Stuart



Party favors for this wedding should have natural, floral themed aspects. 


These personalized tiny tins from Bloembox contain real flower seeds!!




These personalized mini topiary roses available at monstermarketplace.com




How adorable!  These personalized mini honey jars by Simply Sweet at Top Weddings
Being mindful of the spring and floral scheme, these are the cakes I suggest for this special day.

A shower cake:







From the Whipped Bake Shop. Philadelphia, PA



For the Wedding:



Photo credit Landon Jacob Photograpy


This 'Sugar Flowers' cake by The Mischief Maker 




For a garden wedding, I prefer using two plates. I like to pair a plate with delicate scalloped edges along with a smaller plate with a floral motif. I use the scalloped plate as a charger. 

Martha Stewart at Macy's 



If you prefer a more refined style, I suggest these Tessie Blossom plates from Crate and Barrel. 

If your particular palate prefers something more dainty, I suggest 


The Antique Garden Collection from Mikasa. 


Beautiful. Mackenzie-Childs Flower Market Plate. 






For the bride at a garden wedding, I truly prefer color. 

Hayley Paige gown from JLM Couture



Incredible off-white gown.  JLM Couture 







This gown incorporates spring beautifully. 

From Lazaro



Simply fantastic. This dress is perfect for a garden fairy bride.  By Rami Kadi couture. 




Inspiration Board



If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.  

See more wedding ideas including gowns and tablescape ideas by following me on Pinterest!!


You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison a lifestyle blog hub and 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤


The ideas expressed here are the sole copyrighted intellectual property of Frugalfabfashionista.  Do not copy.























No comments:

Post a Comment